How to join?
In Dodo, you do not need to be an expert to be part of the solution. Anyone can make an impact: by bike, by a microblog, at a workshop or workplace, all the way from Kallio inner yards to Madagascar rainforests.Dodo offers a wide variety of volunteering opportunities from events to work parties, from discussion circles to city tours. You can join Dodo whenever you want!
Participate in Dodo’s activities:
By showing up & volunteering
- Explore Dodo’s activity groups. Contact the contact person of a group of your interest and join the next meeting.
- Show up at Dodo’s events. At the event, tell some of the organisers that you are interested in Dodo.
- Volunteer at our events! We have a lot of different roles for all sorts of people. Volunteering is great way to get to know other dodos and the organization. Read more about event volunteering @ Dodo, Helsinki!
- Dodo, Helsinki: Volunteer at the urban gardening activities @Pasila >> Read more about volunteering at the urban garden
- Ask more about volunteering at Dodo from our volunteer coordinator anna(at)dodo.org
By becoming a member
- Apply for membership by filling in the membership application form.
- The membership fee of Dodo is 25 euros. The fee is paid annually. For students, pensioners and unemployed, the membership fee is 15 euros. If you want to show additional support for Dodo, you can pay a supporting membership fee of 25-100 euros.
By subscribing to email list
- By subscribing to Dodo list, you receive an approximately weekly newsletter introducing Dodo’s upcoming events
- You can subscribe to the list by sending an empty message to dodolista-subscribe(at)dodo.
org. Use that email address where you wish to receive the newsletter.
- You can unsubscribe by sending an empty message to dodolista-unsubscribe(at)dodo
.org. Use the address where you are receiving the newsletter.
By joining Dodo’s online communities
- Like Dodo on Facebook
- Join Dodo’s Facebook group “Dodo Dialogue” and join conversation!
- Join Dodo’s volunteer group (open for also people who are not yet active at our organization)
- Follow Dodo on Instagram Dodo_org
- Turntable actives/gardening
- Dodo Beekeeper’s group
- Dodo’s Urban Planning group
Do you live in an area without Dodo’s local chapter?
- Contact the chairman, who will then finda volunteer to come and introduce Dodo and its projects in your area.
- Agree a meeting with this volunteer. Getting to know each other will advance things far more than an email.
- Invite to the meeting everyone interested in local solutions to global environmental issues and dodo-like environmental impact. Keep in mind that Dodo is an environmental organization.
- As soon as possible, come to get to know other dodos, e.g., at the semiannual org-days.
- As soon as possible, get started with a project. A common goal commits people to the activity.
- Keep in contact with the chairman about your progress.
- Note that need for a single individual project is a bad reason to start a local chapter! Dodo stands for working together as a community. Dodo is not an account agency.