DODO IS LOOKING FOR GARDENING VOLUNTEERS @PASILA
Open call for volunteers to our beautiful urban gardening centre “Turntable” @ Pasila. We have different tasks and activities for people – you can decide what and how often you wanna participate. You don’t need any specific knowledge before hand, we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
At Turntable volunteers have possibility to…
* Learn loads about urban gardening
* Use our tools and have part of the harvest <3
* Be part of our fun community at Dodo
We are looking for volunteers in different tasks:
– volunteering in our workshop days
– weekly gardening shifts at the Turntable
Short summary of each task:
Volunteering in our workshop days
We have several volunteer workshop days when we are renovating the greenhouse, planting seeds before summer and taking care of the garden. Workshop days are listed on this form where you can already sign up for different days. We’ll also inform about events on Facebook @Dodo. If you are new to dodo please fill also the volunteer application (look below) so we can contact you and tell you more about volunteering + workshopdays
Weekly gardening shifts at the Turntable
We have weekly shifts at Turntable which start May 28th.
Volunteering at the Turntable’s weekly gardening shift is usually:
* watering the plants, fertilizing, uprooting and keeping the plants in good shape.
* you don’t need previous knowledge about gardening, we will teach you everything you need to know
* weekly gardening responsibility includes about 2 visits/per week at Turntable
* you can sign up for gardening shifts once a summer or every week – you decide how often!
If you’re interested you can sign up for these gardening shifts over our gardening google sheet. If you’re a new volunteer, please fill also the volunteer application (in the end of this text) so we can contact you and arrange a time to teach you everything you need to know before your shift.
Taking care of our bees at Turntable! Fill the volunteer application, tell if you’d be interested in beekeeping and you’ll get more info!
FILL THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION OVER HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/BPkfv9g2aFJ2Qglu1
more information from Turntable’s coordinators: koordinaattorit(at)kaantopoyta.fi
See you soon at our urban garden <3