Be part of our public events this year – volunteer & sign up before April 27th!
We’re looking for volunteers to our bigger Dodo events held this year. We’re searching for volunteers in every event and now particularly to the next happening May 12th “Urban Action Day” where our urban garden centre in Pasila will be full of interesting workshops and music program for the whole day from noon-till 10pm. Sign up now to volunteer task you’d enjoy the most! Deadline for is April 27th!
We have a lot of different volunteers roles suitable for everyone’s timetable. Most of the tasks will be made in teams or in pairs do you don’t need to work alone. We schedule the shift that way that everyone has also time to enjoy the event and program. Please sign up soon so that we know you can participate.
As an event dodo volunteer you have possibility to…
* Get to know the organization very quickly
* Support our urban environment organization
* Explore Dodo’s approach to urban culture and event production
* get to know other brilliant people in other words – dodos!
* If you want you can get a voluteerwork certificate if you participate two events as a volunteer and make at least 8 hours of voluteerwork.
* You don’t need earlier experience of the tasks. We’ll teach you everything you need to know
* April 27th – Deadline for signing up for the event roles. Sign up here by marking your name/contact information/and timetable wish. Volunteer shifts for Urban Action Spring are made April 29th (send via e-mail). Different events marked in separate tabs.
* Saturday April 28th 3pm till 8 pm Volunteer KickOff and information (Veturitallintie G) for all the people who signed up. We’ll go through all the different roles of volunteers and teach you everything you need to know. After info (about 6pm) we’ll enjoy sauna upstairs the office. Take a towel and swimming suit (if you want). If you can’t participate this KickOff event, you are welcome to our Dodo office next Wednesday 2nd of May when we can tell you the same stuff shortly. If both of these meetings are impossible you can book your own talk session with Anna, firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction of the roles – sign up here
* Sound and (light) technician
We will need specially a sound technician to take care of the music and talk program. Any tips for good professionals/semi professional needed! The volunteer shift will take time on the event day (next one 12.5.)
* Decoration team
This team is designing decorations out of recycled materia, painting signs and helping to set-up the area on the event day. Decorations are made before the event but the team is also helping at hanging up the beautiful decos on the event day. Decoteam’s first meeting next Wednesday April the 18th at 11 am/Dodo office, Pasila.
* Set-up team (tents, platforms etc. )
This team will take care of the event facilities by setting up the shed, building up the music stage and other area. This team will do their shifts day before the event/ morning of the event. Volunteering will be done in teams!
* Clean up & take down (taking down the tents and platforms after the event)
Deconstruction team will help out specially after the event (night time and possibly next day) to take down the shed/tents/music stage and other facilities. Team members are also helping in cleaning tasks during the event but this doesn’t take too much time.
* Food team (preparing food, taking care of the café)
Event’s food team is preparing food with Dodo’s masterchef Fabio and creating imaginative menu from waste food. Team will volunteer for couple of hours two days and day before the happening + the event day from morning till late night. But everybody will attend the team depending on their schedule (minimum 4-5 hours). We don’t expect you to be in the kitchen all the time! Please write your timetable wish over here. If you want, you can also help by picking up the waste food April 23rd and/or May 7th (9am-midday). This team is always working together so you don’t need to volunteer alone. Kitchen staff will also help out at the event cáfe.
* Waste food team
Help us to reduce the waste food from supermarkets and sign up to our waste food team! Helpers can have also small part of the bag that we pick up from Jätkäsaari. We’ll be cooking from this waste food in Dodo’s public events so this is particularly important job. Pickups every other Monday starting April 23rd (next one May 7th …) Pick up time is always from 9am till noon and bags need to be brought to Dodo’s office in Pasila (Veturitallinkuja G) – more info from volunteer coordinator anna(at)dodo.org
Driver/Runner will be needed everytime we need help transporting things from one place to another. Runner’s shifts are a day before + in the morning before the event + after the event if needed. We’ll do the shifts depending on your schedule, it’s also ok if you can participate only on event day.
* Marketing and social media team
SoMe team is posting interesting content to Dodo’s social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter). Team will work during the event and if you are eager to help out before hand we have a lot of things to do. If you have experience of recording live video – please inform us! We’d love to film some materia from the events.
Photographer will work independently and captures the most interesting moments of the event. After the event photographer will download the materia to Dodo Flickr account. Photographer can get photos to Dodo’s next publication “25 years of Dodo”.
* Info & cáfe team
These volunteers will answer the questions of visitors and can tell basic things about Dodo ry. Info team will also take care of the cáfe and tells the kitchen staff if you need more coffee and tea 🙂
Moderator will make every visitor feel welcome and works as the face of the event. This job requires some previous knowledge of Dodo and the event program. Speaks should be in Finnish and English.
* Production assistant / backstage assistant
Production assistant is the right hand of the volunteer coordinator and event producer. We hope that assistant could participate for the whole event even though there’s no job for the whole day. Same person volunteers also as a backstage assistant and makes sure all the artists and program makers are doing great. If some workshops need help, assistant could also help out with easy tasks.
* Extra job: Child care
If someone is interested in childcare we could arrange some program for kids and one or more volunteers could organize something fun for the little ones as well.