“I AM Helsinki”: Capture an image in Helsinki of something you love and that is expected to disappear because of climate change, overpopulation, urbanisation process.
Add a title and a short capture (max 100 words) and submit it!
You will have the chance to win a surprise prize tailored on you! (Isn’t consumerism also receiving gift you may not use? Let’s change this attitude!)
In addition all the picture submitted will be exhibited from the 12th of June until the end of the month in the Kääntöpöytä, the greenhouse of Dodo and again during the Helsinki Design Week (5-15 Sept.) in the mobile greenhouse Dodo will present for the event!
The winner will be announced on the 12th of June during “I AM Helsinki”, the event organized at Kääntöpöytä as a part of the Helsinki Day.
What are you waiting for?! We’re looking forward to seeing Helsinki through your eyes!
The contest is open to both professionals and amateurs, just use your imagination and creativity!
8th of June
Two representative of Dodo board will part of the Jury
Nana and Felix
Nana (Hwanhee Kim, 1980, South Korea) & Felix (Felix Nybergh, 1985, Finland) are an artist duo working together since 2012. Originally trained as a painter and a photographer respectively, they carry out projects in a wide range of different media, often in series, such as drawings, photographs, texts, video, three dimensional works, sound installation, etc.
The youth group of Finnish Museum of Photography
Submit your work here:
(All participants must submit their work online)
- Pictures can be taken with professional cameras or phone cameras;
- Digital images submitted should be saved as .jpg,
- The format is free but the file should not exceed 4MB;
- Take note that the picture will be printed on Photo Paper Semi Glossy 230 g/m2, Color system: CMYK, Max. resolution of 900 dpi;
- All participants have to agree on the terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1. Dodo photography contest for the Helsinki Day 2019 is open to everyone age 18 and above and subject to the paragraphs 2-4 below.
2. Employees or board members of Dodo or anyone else connected with the Contest may not enter the Contest.
3. Entrants don’t have to be residents of Finland, but all the pictures must be taken in Helsinki.
4. The Contest is open to all photographers (both amateur and professional).
5. Entrants to the Contest shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
6. To enter the Contest, you must upload your photo via the cognito form in Dodo’s web page, and include your full name, email address and a short caption (maximum 100 words) explaining what the photograph shows and where it was taken.
7. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Contest, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “Helsinki Day Photo contest” in the subject line.
8. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Contest entry to us.
9. The Contest entry deadline is fixed on the 8th of June at 23.59 Finnish time. Pictures uploaded after this time will not be included in the Contest.
10. Only one entry is permitted per person.
11. By submitting an entry to the Contest, You grant Dodo Ry:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on Dodo Ry’s websites and social media account administered by Dodo Ry, including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram accounts.
b. The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner in the Contest.
12. You also hereby waive all your moral rights in your entry.
13. You own the copyright to your Contest entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Dodo Ry has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these terms and conditions it may not take it into account and may disqualify it.
14. Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Contest entry has given consent for the use of their image in connection with this Contest and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Contest entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
Picking the winners
15. Dodo Ry together with Nana ad Felix and Photophuss, will choose one winning entry, one second place and one third place from all the valid Contest entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Entrants must not contact, or try to contact, the Judges in any way in connection with the Contest, or otherwise try to influence the Judges’ selection of the winners.
16. When choosing the winners and runners up, the Judges will be looking for the best-composed, artistic and original image.
17. The Judges’ decision of who the contest Winner is will be made on or before the 12th of June. The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The prize for the winning entry will be tailored on the winner and his entry by Dodo ry representative.
19. All the entries will be, as a reward, exhibited first in Dodo greenhouse in Pasila (12th June – end of the month) and again during the Helsinki Design Week period (5th-15th September) in the mobile greenhouse Dodo will built for the event.
20. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
21. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
22. No purchase is necessary.
24. Dodo may pass entrants’ details to third parties and/or otherwise engage third party providers in connection with this Contest where the third party is acting on Dodo’s behalf for the purposes of administering this Contest and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or as otherwise required by law.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Dodo for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
26. Dodo accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize. Dodo further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Contest.
27. Dodo reserves the right at any time to modify this Contest with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Dodo in all matters relating to the Contest is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. Dodo shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Contest where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
29. The Contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by Finnish law, and entrants to the Contest submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Finnish courts.
These terms and conditions were amended on 14 May 2019.